This recipe is great. It was super easy, quick, and tasted wonderful. Don't let the anchovies scare you away! The dish doesn't come out fishy at all, just full of flavor. Plus, anchovies are a great source of omega 3s!
Pork Tenderloin with Red and Yellow Peppers
Anchovies melt into the pepper mixture, adding a savory, salty quality. If you don't like anchovies, omit them and add 3 tablespoons minced olives. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces pork and about 1/2 cup bell pepper mixture)
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick medallions
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 4 canned anchovy fillets, drained and mashed
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Preparation1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan; cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; turn pork over. Add 1 teaspoon rosemary, anchovies, garlic, and bell peppers; cook 7 minutes or until peppers are tender and pork is done. Drizzle with vinegar. Top with remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary.
- Calories: 215
- Fat: 10.1g (sat 2.7g,mono 5.4g,poly 1.2g)
- Protein: 25.2g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 441mg
- Calcium: 26mg