Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Making Cookies

I know what you're thinking, "Stop! This goes against item #1 on your 2011 to-do list!"

Don't worry, I'm just starting my recap of our 2010 Christmas tour, you know, the one where I took 670 480 photos. With that many photos, it should fulfill item #4 on my list (to blog every day)! Nah, I won't subject you to all of them. Just a few highlights, told in a few photo stories over the next few days.

Our first stop was in Kankakee, to visit Marty's family. We got to spend a full week with them, so there were many exciting adventures. Up first: Oliver and Pop-pop make Christmas cookies!

 Pop-pop inaugurates Oliver in the annual family tradition of making Christmas cookies. Note that these cookies are so special that they come in a magical box!

 Oliver was a bit overzealous with the green sprinkles, so Pop-pop tries to even things out a bit. (Sorry for cutting off your head there, Ken. And sorry when it happens again in the other pics!)

 Oliver licks his chops in anticipation of the yummy cookies.

 Pop-pop teaches Oliver the proper sprinkling technique. 

 Ready to go solo, Oliver lines up the next batch. He's good at lining things up. 

 Pop-pop decides he's not ready to go solo on the sugar sprinkles. Oliver doesn't care, he's having fun!

All done! Can I eat one?!


No comments:

Post a Comment