Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Finally, the Zoo

We hoped. We prayed. We crossed our fingers. And toes. Our prayers were answered with a gorgeous day on Saturday! Hooray!! I'm not sure what we would have done if we couldn't go to the zoo! Oliver was really looking forward to it. I can't say enough how much I love the Ft. Wayne Children's Zoo. As the name suggests, it is made for kids, but fun for adults too. We figured, as we did last year, that we'd spend a few hours there. We ended up staying from about 10:30-3:30! Yes, we were exhausted when it was done, but worth it to see the joy on Oliver's face, he loved it so much.

 Watching the sea lions get fed.

 Oliver had a very serious drum session in the African section.

 He didn't even turn around to see the zebra right behind him!

 Riding the train with aunt Bonnie and Nee-nee.

 There's that look of joy I was talking about!

 I promise not to bore you with lots of animal pics, but they have so many peacocks walking around the grounds, and they are just beautiful! 

 Oh, and then there's this couple, who we saw last year attempting the same feat. Though we didn't get to see the, er, uhm, whole performance that time. Hey, it's nature!

 An absolutely gorgeous albino peacock.

 Oliver brushing a goat. He wasn't scared at all! I was really worried he would be afraid again, given his recent behavior, but he wasn't scared at all. Glad that was short lived!


 Getting his face painted. He completely surprised me. We passed a face painting station, and he stopped to look at the sign, and pointed to the lion and said, "I want this one." I didn't think he even knew what face painting was! I guess he saw the other kids with theirs painted. I wasn't sure he'd sit still, but he did the whole time. He was perfectly calm, and turned his head every way the girl told him too.

 Roaring like a lion! Roar!
 Admiring his appearance.

 Making friends.

 Riding on the tiger. The lion was out for repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment