Wednesday, May 4, 2011

School

Oliver loves "school," which is what we call the Mother's Day Out program that he attends two mornings a week. I got to see him in action because this week was Parent's Visit Day(s). On Monday I forgot my camera, oops, but a friend got a video that I hope to post soon. But luckily, I got a do-over and remembered it today. Get ready to die from the cuteness! There's something about seeing eight 2-3 year olds all lined up that kills me every time!

 Oliver sitting properly in his chair. When we walked in, all the kids were lined up in their chairs, facing the teacher, completely quiet until all the parents entered. I can't get over how they can get these kids to be so well behaved!

 Singing a song. I forget the words, but it's something about keeping your hands in your lap while you're paying attention.

 Miss Janet reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? with felt animals as props. Before each animal she asked the kids to name each animal and their color. Oliver answered every single time, and was often the first and sometimes the only child who answered. Know it all! Not that the others didn't know it, but I think many of the kids got stage fright because of all the parents. Not Oliver!

 Then the kids all turned their chairs around to face the parents for a performance of some songs.

 He pretty much refused to look at me the whole time, but I think some other parent has lots of pictures of Oliver staring right at them. That's ok, because I have Argyle Sweater Boy looking into my camera in most of my pictures!

 There were lots of hand motions going along with the singing.

 This one was about a firetruck.

 Oliver liked doing the water hose part.

 Then the kids all moved their chairs over to the table for a special snack time.

 But first they sang a sweet little blessing:
 "Oh the Lord is good to me
And so I thank the Lord 
For giving me the things I need, 
The sun and the rain and the apple tree. 
The Lord is good to me."

 Their special treat was a mini slow melt popsicle, which was too cute.

 But still a bit drippy.

 Oliver with his main teacher, Miss Janet. The assistants were Miss Margaret on Mondays and Miss Elle on Wednesdays. He loves Miss Janet, and she loves him.

Oliver with Miss Debbie, the director of the program. Flashing that cheesy grin, as usual.
Everyone there has been wonderful, and we couldn't be happier that we found this program for Oliver. He only has 2 more weeks left, and then he's all done with school. That is going to be a very sad day, for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment