Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas on Thanksgiving

You may remember that when my mom came to visit, we went to Ikea, and Oliver loved their toddler sized pots and pans and kitchen utensils. I thought they might be just the thing to keep him busy while I cook. As it is, every time I'm doing anything in the kitchen, he likes to crawl between me and the cabinet and sit or stand there. Or get in the refrigerator or the pantry, which we've already learned, is not good. He has his own cabinet, that we fill with extra tupperware, empty boxes, egg cartons, anything I can think of, but it doesn't thrill him. I decided to give him this one Christmas gift early, selfishly, so I could get a little peace. So I thought Thanksgiving day would be the perfect time. We weren't doing anything elaborate, but I was cooking a few things, and figured it was worth a shot. So while he was napping, I put everything in his cabinet all nicely organized. Soon after he woke up, I went into the kitchen to start the turkey, and sure enough he followed me in there and went right to his cabinet. You can see what happened next in this video...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment