Friday, November 27, 2009

Apple Coffee Cake x 2

I have this incredibly delicious Apple Coffee Cake recipe that my extended family requests for every gathering. I take no credit for it; the recipe comes via Emeril and the Food Network. But I've been making it for years now and it is the yummiest, moist, buttery, brown sugary delight that is awesome with coffee and great with ice cream...completely decadent. I highly recommend it for those special holidays, Christmas breakfast, that kind of thing. Here's a photo (sorry it's so small, it's borrowed from the Food Network website):

 

I don't care that it's so decadent, since I only make it for special occassions. However, I was looking through a recent Cooking Light the other day, and came across a different, healthier Apple Coffee Cake recipe. Well actually, it's for Amaretto Apple Streusel Cupcakes, and since I'm a huge amaretto fan, it caught my attention. Since our corporate apartment came with no cupcake pan, I made it in an 8 x 11 inch baking dish. As a result, it came out very similar to the previous coffee cake, and actually, almost just as yummy! And bonus: it's relatively healthy! Made with a fraction of the butter and sugar that's in the other one, but with the addition of light cream cheese, very moist and delicious! I may even surprise my relatives one of these days and make this one instead and see what they think. Here's a pic of the cupcakes (from the Cooking Light website):


So my recommedation? Make them both. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment