Thursday, July 16, 2009

I want to start a blog.

I've been saying this for days, maybe even for months. Now that we are finally settled after our move, I decided this is the time. Of course, in order to create a blog, the first thing you have to have is a name. What would I name my blog? I thought about it for days. It was starting to annoy me because I had all these ideas in my head of things to write about, but I couldn't start writing about them until I had a name!

The problem is that my blog isn't going to be about one thing in particular. My first idea was to write a blog about "a year of healthy eating," in an effort to help me lose weight. I would blog about what I ate, post recipes, exercise reports, how I was feeling, successes and failures. But, well, that was a lot of pressure! And I've realized, in the few weeks in my new role as stay-at-home-mom (SAHM), that being the mom to a toddler is as much of a challenge! Cliche, but it really is a full time job...plus some! I would blog about the creative ways I find to keep Oliver entertained and educated, while I keep my sanity. And a place to vent when I don't. Finally, tied in to all of this is our move to Connecticut for this "short term" assignment...if you can call 2 years short term. Marty & I have decided that while we are here, we are going to travel around the northeast, as much traveling around as possible with a toddler. So I also want to blog about our adventures and travels, as well as talk about how we are adjusting to this new life. I see all of these things as connected, it's all part of my life now, and I'm sure the blog will evolve as we do.

So back to the name. My first idea was "One Nap at a Time," since the only time I'll have free to blog is when Oliver naps. I'm just too exhausted at night, and enjoy having time to read a good book to escape (something else I can blog about...the books I've read). But, yeah, that name was taken. "Life Between Naps," also taken. Still, those names focused a bit more on the toddler side of things than the dieting and the living. So I thought of "Eat, Play, Live," a take off of one of my favorite books, Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert. The perfect name! It encompasses the "healthy eating", the playing with Oliver, and the living our lives here in CT. But, duh, taken. Finally, I played around with it, and came up with "Cook, Play, Love," which I like just as well. Cook because it is as much about the cooking as the eating. Play because it reminds me that this is going to be fun. And Love, because if Life isn't about Love, then I don't know what it is. So here we go...and as if on cue, Oliver is awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment