- The Toddler music and movement class at the Library yesterday was a success this time! The last time we went, Oliver only wanted me to hold him. He was playing the "I'm shy" routine. This time, I only had to hold him about 40% of the time. The rest he danced around and clapped his hands and bopped up and down. He loved playing the instruments...they were sticks, of course he loved them!
- Marty came home at 3:30 yesterday (and had not read my blog entry yet!), and took over with Oliver so I could go to the gym and lift weights. So not only did I have time to work out, but I also got some alone time! Well, sort of. He took Oliver swimming, and the gym overlooks the pool, so I kept watching them having fun and wishing I was in the pool with them. I know, I thought I wanted to be alone! I'm a bundle of contradictions, no?
- Marty also cooked dinner last night, and we had wine!
- Oliver slept until almost 9:00 this morning!! (7:30 is more typical, yesterday was 7:00).
- We started our walk late, but had a good time because not only were there ducks at the park, but also a bulldozer! Wow, as Oliver would say (though it comes out more like Whoa-ow!). When I took him out of the stroller so he could walk around and burn some energy, we played "I'm gonna get you!" and I chased him and he laughed and laughed and laughed...no sound better than that!
- Hearing Oliver go "Yummmmmmmm....mmmmmm!" as he ate his lunch. We had hummus on a tortilla with cucumbers, tomatoes, red bell peppers, green onions....and he went nuts. This kid is crazy for veggies lately!
- This face:
I hear him babbling...and we're going on an almost 2 hour nap! Hooray!