Saturday, June 19, 2010

Friends

With all of our traveling, I haven't had much time to update the blog, but I have a series of "photo story" posts that I hope to get up soon. Suffice it to say that it's been a whirlwind of activity that I should probably write a blog about, but right now it's too exhausting to even think about, and today is supposed to be my free day to relax! So I'll start with a sweet photo story about friendships beginning.

My Iowa friend Kate has a son named Connor, who is 10 months younger than Oliver. Their friendship began last year when Connor was teeny tiny . . .

Connor, almost 3 weeks old, Oliver, almost 11 months old.
Connor appears to be tapping Oliver on the shoulder, as if to say, "Dude, you're blocking my view!"


Connor, 2 months old, with mom Kate, and Oliver, 1 year old.
Oliver wants to know why Connor won't run around and play with him. 
This is probably the last time they saw each other before we moved to Connecticut.

Connor, almost 16 months, Oliver almost 26 months.
A few weeks ago when we were in Iowa, we got together for a play date. As you can see, Oliver can no longer give Connor his hand me downs, because they are exactly the same size! Dare I say Connor is a bit taller?! Oliver's a little short for his age, and Connor's a little tall for his, but it's perfect, because now they match. Finally old enough to play together instead of just sit next to each other, they had a blast. 
Playing the piano . . . 

checking out toys . . . 

sharing a snack . . . 

And running laps around our new house! 

How fun it was to see them together!! It was great to see Kate, her mother K, and her sister Hannah (who just turned sweet 16!) as well. We had a little pizza party and lots of fun. I can't wait to be back in Iowa for good so we can all spend more time together and these boys can really grow up together. They are definitely BFFs in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment